Dove hunting in Argentina is a popular and exciting activity for many hunting enthusiasts. Argentina is known for its abundant population of doves, which makes it one of the top destinations in the world for dove hunting. Compared to dove hunting in Texas, for example, the dove population and daily take is far greater. Here is an overview of dove hunting in Argentina:
- Location: Dove hunting in Argentina takes place in the northern part of the country, in the provinces of Cordoba, Santa Fe, and Santiago del Estero.
- Dove Species: The dove species found in Argentina is the Eared Dove, a medium-sized bird that weighs around 150 grams.
- Hunting Season: The dove hunting season in Argentina runs year-round, with the exception of a few days in August for breeding purposes.
- Hunting Method: Dove hunting in Argentina is typically done by shooting the birds as they fly over a designated shooting area. This is known as “high-volume dove shooting” and can yield thousands of birds in a single day. It’s common for hunters to shoot from a seated position with a shooting stool or stand.
- Equipment: Hunters often bring their own guns, but it is also possible to rent shotguns in Argentina, usually at the lodge from the outfitter. The recommended gauge for dove hunting is a 12 or 20 gauge. Hunters should also bring hearing protection, as the sound of continuous gunfire can be very loud. Shooting gloves are also recommended.
- Lodging and Packages: There are many outfitters in Argentina that offer dove hunting packages, which include lodging, meals, transportation, and hunting guides. Some packages offer all-inclusive luxury accommodations, while others may be more basic. It’s important to do research and choose a reputable outfitter.
- Bag Limits: There are typically no bag limits on doves in Argentina, due to the high population of doves. However, hunters are encouraged to be responsible and not waste any game.
Overall, dove hunting in Argentina is a unique and thrilling experience that attracts many hunters from all over the world. It’s important to follow all local laws and regulations, as well as to respect the wildlife and the environment.
How Many Days Should I plan for Dove Hunting in Argentina?
The number of days depends on your personal preference, budget, and schedule. However, most outfitters in Argentina offer dove hunting packages that range from 3-5 days, with some packages going up to 7 days or more.
For many hunters, a 3-5 day package is a good amount of time to experience the high-volume dove shooting and have an enjoyable hunting trip. This timeframe allows for a good number of shooting sessions, with time for breaks and rest in between. Believe it or not, 3 days of shooting in high volume can make a hunter more than a little tired.
However, if you are looking for a more extended hunting experience, you may want to consider a package that lasts for 7-10 days. This would allow for a more leisurely pace, and possibly even some additional activities such as sightseeing or fishing.
Ultimately, the number of days you choose for your dove hunting trip will depend on your personal preference, budget, and availability. It’s important to research and choose a reputable outfitter that can help you plan a customized trip that meets your needs and expectations.
What is the Cost of Dove Hunting in Argentina?
The cost of dove hunting in Argentina varies depending on several factors, such as the outfitter, the location, the length of the trip, and the level of luxury and services included in the package.
On average, a basic dove hunting package in Argentina can range from $400 to $600 per day, which typically includes lodging, meals, transportation, and guides. This price range may be a good option for those on a tighter budget or those looking for a more basic hunting experience.
For those looking for a more luxurious hunting experience, the price can increase to $800 to $1,000 per day or more, which may include additional services such as premium lodging, high-end meals, premium hunting locations, and other amenities.
In addition to the basic package cost, there may be additional fees for gun rental, ammunition, and permits, which can add up to several hundred dollars or more, depending on the outfitter and package. Also, most hunters tip their guides so you’ll want to include that in your budget as well.
Overall, the cost of dove hunting in Argentina can vary greatly, depending on your personal preferences and budget. It’s important to do thorough research, compare prices and services, and choose a reputable outfitter that can help you plan a customized trip that meets your needs and expectations.
Is There a Limit on How Many Doves I Can Shoot in Argentina?
There is no bag limit for dove hunting in Argentina, as the Eared Dove is considered an agricultural pest due to its large population and the damage it can cause to crops. As a result, it is legal to shoot as many doves as you would like while hunting in Argentina.
However, it is important to be a responsible and ethical hunter and not waste any game. Most outfitters and guides in Argentina encourage hunters to shoot only what they can use or donate, and to respect the environment and the local laws and regulations.
It’s also worth noting that high-volume dove shooting in Argentina can result in very high shot counts, with some hunters shooting hundreds or thousands of doves in a single day. This can be a great opportunity to improve your shooting skills, but it’s important to be prepared and to bring enough ammunition and other necessary equipment. Note that some outfitters require you to buy your ammunition from them. Check with your outfitter on their specific ammunition policy.
What Do Dove Hunting Outfitters in Argentina Provide as Part of Their Packages?
Dove hunting outfitters in Argentina typically provide a range of services and equipment to help hunters have a successful and enjoyable hunting trip. Here are some of the most common services and equipment provided by outfitters in Argentina:
- Hunting Guides: Most outfitters provide experienced and knowledgeable hunting guides who know the local terrain and the best places to find doves.
- Hunting Licenses and Permits: The outfitter will typically take care of obtaining the necessary hunting licenses and permits required by the local authorities.
- Transportation: Many outfitters provide transportation to and from the hunting locations, as well as airport pick-up and drop-off.
- Lodging and Meals: Outfitters will typically provide lodging and meals as part of the package, which can range from basic accommodations to high-end luxury lodges.
- Guns and Ammunition: Some outfitters may provide rental shotguns and ammunition, although it’s more common for hunters to bring their own guns and ammunition.
- Shooting Accessories: Outfitters may provide shooting accessories such as shooting vests, ear protection, and shooting glasses.
- Bird Cleaning and Processing: Some outfitters may provide bird cleaning and processing services, which can be a convenient option for hunters who want to take home their game.
It’s important to research and choose a reputable outfitter that offers the services and equipment that meet your needs and expectations. Most outfitters will have websites and online reviews that can provide valuable information on their services, accommodations, and pricing.
What Are Some of the Best Dove Hunting Outfitters in Argentina?
There are many dove hunting outfitters in Argentina, and it can be difficult to determine which ones are the best. However, here are some highly-regarded outfitters that are well-known for providing high-quality dove hunting experiences in Argentina:
- Pica Zuro Lodge: Located in the Cordoba province, Pica Zuro Lodge is a highly-rated outfitter that offers all-inclusive dove hunting packages, as well as luxury accommodations and other outdoor activities.
- Sierra Brava Lodge: Another highly-rated outfitter in the Cordoba province, Sierra Brava Lodge offers luxury accommodations, gourmet meals, and a wide range of hunting and outdoor activities.
- La Dormida Lodge: Situated in the San Luis province, La Dormida Lodge offers a wide range of hunting experiences, including high-volume dove shooting, pigeon hunting, and big game hunting.
- Santa Rosa Wingshooting: Located in the Entre Rios province, Santa Rosa Wingshooting offers dove hunting packages that include luxury accommodations, gourmet meals, and experienced guides.
- Los Chanares: Los Chanares is a highly-regarded outfitter in the La Pampa province that offers all-inclusive dove hunting packages, as well as other outdoor activities such as fishing and horseback riding.
It’s important to research and compare different outfitters to find the one that best fits your needs, preferences, and budget. Look for outfitters that have a good reputation, positive reviews, and a history of providing high-quality hunting experiences.