Sports trivia has become increasingly popular over the past decade or so. Whether you’re a die-hard sports fan or a casual viewer, there’s something thrilling about testing your knowledge against others in a game of trivia. With so many major sports leagues and events to choose from, it’s no wonder that there are countless sports trivia questions out there. To help you stay on top of your game, we’ve compiled a list of 25 of some of the best sports trivia questions and answers of all time.
25 Great Sports Trivia Questions
1. Who holds the record for the most home runs in a single season? Answer: Barry Bonds with 73.
2. Who is the only NFL player to win the MVP award three times in a row? Answer: Brett Favre.
3. What is the oldest ballpark in Major League Baseball? Answer: Fenway Park.
4. Who was the first African-American head coach in the NFL? Answer: Fritz Pollard.
5. Who is the only player to have won the UEFA Soccer Champions League with three different clubs? Answer: Clarence Seedorf.
6. What country has won the most Olympic gold medals in basketball? Answer: United States.
7. Who was the first female athlete to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated? Answer: Babette March.
8. Who won the first Super Bowl? Answer: Green Bay Packers.
9. Who is the all-time leading scorer in NBA history? Answer: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
10. Who is the only pitcher to have thrown a perfect game in the World Series? Answer: Don Larsen.
11. What is the only city to have had two NBA teams at the same time? Answer: Los Angeles.
12. Who was the first African-American athlete to play in Major League Baseball? Answer: Jackie Robinson.
13. Who is the only player to have won the Ballon d’Or three times in a row? Answer: Michel Platini.
14. Who is the most decorated Olympian of all time? Answer: Michael Phelps.
15. Who was the first athlete to win four gold medals in a single Olympic Games? Answer: Jesse Owens.
16. What country has won the most medals in the history of the Summer Olympics? Answer: United States.
17. Who is the only player to have won the UEFA European Championship, the UEFA Champions League, and the Ballon d’Or in the same year? Answer: Michel Platini.
18. Who was the first NHL player to score 50 goals in a single season? Answer: Maurice Richard.
19. Who is the only player to have won the FIFA World Cup as both a player and a coach? Answer: Mário Zagallo.
20. What is the only country to have won the Rugby World Cup three times? Answer: New Zealand.
21. Who is the only player to have won the NFL MVP award five times? Answer: Peyton Manning.
22. Who was the first female golfer to win a major championship? Answer: Babe Zaharias.
23. What is the most watched annual sporting event in the world? Answer: The Super Bowl.
24. Who holds the record for the most wins in a single NASCAR season? Answer: Richard Petty.
25. Who is the only athlete to have won Olympic gold medals in both the decathlon and the long jump? Answer: Bob Beamon.
Sports trivia is a great way to challenge yourself and have fun at the same time. These 25 questions and answers represent a small sample of the vast world of sports trivia out there. Whether you’re a seasoned sports fan or just starting to get interested in athletics, there’s sure to be a sports trivia question that will stump you or surprise you. So put your knowledge to the test and see how well you really know the world of sports.