The way a man’s hair is styled can greatly affect his overall appearance and level of confidence. One important factor to consider when choosing a haircut is the shape of the face. Different face shapes require different haircuts to complement and enhance the features of the face. For example, a haircut that looks great on someone with a round face may not be as flattering on someone with a square face. Choosing a haircut that fits the face shape not only looks better but can also create a more balanced and attractive overall look. In this way, understanding and considering face shape when choosing a haircut is crucial for achieving a polished and put-together appearance.
What Are Some of the Most Popular Haircut Styles for Men?
There are numerous men’s haircut styles, and the options available can vary depending on individual preferences and hair types. Here are some of the most popular men’s haircut styles:
- Buzz Cut: A short, low-maintenance haircut where the hair is cut uniformly with clippers.
- Crew Cut: Similar to a buzz cut, but with slightly longer hair on top and shorter hair on the sides.
- Textured Crop: A short, choppy haircut with a textured top that can be styled in various ways.
- Undercut: A trendy haircut with longer hair on top and shaved or closely cropped sides and back.
- Quiff: A classic men’s haircut with a voluminous top that is styled upwards and back.
- Side Part: A classic men’s haircut with a side part and neatly combed hair.
- French Crop: A short, tapered cut with a slightly longer top that is styled forward.
- Mohawk: A bold haircut with shaved sides and a strip of longer hair down the middle.
- Slick Back: A classic style with hair slicked back and neatly styled.
- Comb Over: A classic men’s haircut with longer hair on top that is combed over to one side.
These are just a few examples of popular men’s haircut styles, but there are many more to choose from depending on individual preferences and hair types. But how does the shape or size of the face affect which haircut will look best? This article explores the narrow face since there are some face shapes that fall into the narrow category.
Is Short Hair or Long Hair Better for a Man with A Narrow Face?
When it comes to choosing a hairstyle for a narrow face, both short hair and long hair can work, but it ultimately depends on the individual’s personal preference and the specific features of their face. In general, shorter haircuts can help to create the illusion of a wider face, which can be beneficial for those with a narrow face shape. Short haircuts such as a buzz cut, crew cut, or a textured crop can add volume and width to the face, making it appear more proportional. On the other hand, longer hairstyles such as a layered shag or a side-swept fringe can also work well for a narrow face as they can help to soften and balance out the sharp angles of the face. Ultimately, the most important factor in choosing a hairstyle for a narrow face is to find a style that the individual feels confident and comfortable in.
For a Man with a Narrow Face, Which Haircut Style Would Work Best?
For a man with a narrow face, hairstyles that add width and volume to the sides of the head would work best. Here are some recommended haircut styles for a man with a narrow face:
- Textured Crop: This short, choppy haircut with a textured top can add volume and width to the sides of the head.
- Undercut: The longer hair on top and shorter hair on the sides of an undercut can help to balance out a narrow face.
- Side Swept Fringe: A side-swept fringe can add volume to the sides of the face, making it appear wider.
- Layered Shag: A layered shag with choppy layers can add volume to the sides of the head, creating the illusion of a wider face.
- Pompadour: A pompadour with volume on top and short sides can add balance to a narrow face.
Ultimately, it’s important to consult with a hairstylist who can assess the individual’s face shape and recommend a style that will complement their features and suit their personal style.
Which Haircut Styles Should a Man with A Narrow Face Avoid?
For a man with a narrow face, there are some haircut styles that should be avoided as they can make the face appear even narrower. Here are some styles to avoid:
- Center Part: A center part can accentuate the narrowness of the face and make it appear longer.
- Flat Top: A flat top with short sides and a flat, horizontal top can make a narrow face appear even narrower.
- Buzz Cut: While a buzz cut can work for some men with narrow faces, it can also accentuate the narrowness of the face and make it appear longer.
- Long and Straight: Long, straight hair can hang close to the face and create a narrow appearance.
- Forward-Swept Bangs: Forward-swept bangs can create an unbalanced look, emphasizing the narrowness of the face.
- Extreme Side Part: An extreme side part can create an unbalanced look, making a narrow face appear even narrower.
It’s important to keep in mind that personal style and preference are also important factors when choosing a haircut, so these recommendations should be taken as a general guide rather than a strict rule. A skilled hairstylist can also offer personalized recommendations based on the individual’s face shape and hair type. Don’t be afraid to ask for their recommendations.