When it comes to choosing a haircut style, many factors come into play, such as hair texture, personal preference, and face shape. One important aspect that is often overlooked is the width of a man’s face. The width of a man’s face can have a significant impact on which haircut style suits him best. A haircut that complements the facial structure can enhance the overall appearance, while an ill-suited one can make the face look disproportionate. Therefore, understanding how the width of the face affects the haircut style choice can help men make more informed decisions when it comes to their grooming routine. In this article, we will explore the different facial widths and the corresponding haircut styles that work best for each one.
What Should Be the Goal of a Haircut for a Man with a Chubby Face?
The goal of a haircut for a man with a chubby face is to create a more proportionate and elongated appearance by reducing the roundness of the face. A well-chosen haircut can help to balance out the facial features and make the face appear slimmer and more defined.
One effective way to achieve this is to incorporate layers and texture into the haircut. This adds volume and height to the hair, which can create the illusion of a longer and more angular face shape. Additionally, a side-swept fringe or a quiff can help to draw attention upwards and away from the cheeks, further elongating the face.
It is also important to avoid styles that add bulk to the sides of the face, such as blunt cuts or buzz cuts. These can make the face appear wider and rounder. Instead, opt for tapered or faded cuts that are shorter on the sides and longer on top, which can help to create a more balanced and flattering look.
Ultimately, the goal of a haircut for a man with a chubby face is to create a more refined and polished appearance that complements his features and highlights his best qualities.
What Are the Best Haircut Styles for a Man with a Chubby Face?
When it comes to selecting the best haircut styles for a man with a chubby face, there are a variety of options to consider. The goal is to choose a style that will help to create the illusion of a more elongated and slim facial appearance. Here are some popular haircut styles that can work well:
- Side-parted Hairstyle: This classic style involves combing the hair to one side and creating a defined part. The longer hair on top can be styled with some volume, which helps to draw attention upwards and away from the cheeks, thus creating the illusion of a slimmer face.
- Textured Crop: The textured crop is a shorter style that involves cutting the hair close to the head and leaving it longer on top. The textured top helps to add volume to the hair, which can create the appearance of a longer face. It is a low-maintenance option that works well for men with busy lifestyles.
- Faux Hawk: The Faux Hawk is a contemporary hairstyle that involves keeping the hair shorter on the sides and longer on the top. The longer hair can be styled into a spiked look in the center. This style helps to add height and create the illusion of a more angular face shape.
- Pompadour: This classic style involves having the hair longer on top and shorter on the sides. The hair is styled upwards and away from the face, creating the illusion of a more elongated appearance. The Pompadour is a versatile style that can be worn with a clean-shaven face or with facial hair.
Ultimately, the best haircut style for a man with a chubby face will depend on personal preference and hair type. It is always recommended to consult with a professional hairstylist who can provide advice on the best style to suit individual needs.
What Haircut Styles Should a Man with a Chubby Face Avoid?
When it comes to selecting a haircut style, there are certain styles that a man with a chubby face should avoid as they can make the face look wider and rounder. Here are some haircut styles that may not be the best choice for a man with a chubby face:
- Buzz cut: This style involves cutting the hair very short all over the head. It can make the face look wider and rounder, especially if the head is large in proportion to the body.
- Bowl cut: This style is characterized by a straight fringe and hair that is cut in a bowl shape around the head. It can emphasize the roundness of the face and is generally not a flattering choice for most face shapes.
- Heavy bangs: Bangs that are too heavy or blunt can make the face look shorter and wider. If you have a chubby face, it is best to avoid heavy bangs and opt for a style with a side-swept or textured fringe instead.
- Centre-parted hairstyle: This style involves parting the hair down the middle, which can create a symmetrical appearance that can make the face look wider. Instead, opt for a side-parted style that can help to elongate the face.
In general, it is best to avoid hairstyles that add too much bulk to the sides of the face. It is also important to keep in mind that the right haircut style will depend on personal preference and hair type, so it is always recommended to consult with a professional hairstylist to find the best style that suits your individual needs. On your next visit, ask the stylist what they would recommend. They are accustomed to being asked that question and most can be quite helpful. They understand that selecting the right haircut to fit your facial shape and width is important to you and to your satisfaction with the haircut they provide.